Sunday, July 20, 2008

Wearing Green

I recently had a friend note that I wear the same green shirts in a disproportionate number of my pictures. I decided to test this proposition, and yes it is true.
Here are some examples:
Getting some love from an orangutan-

Rolling out some awesome karaoke renditions of favorites from yesteryear-





On a stinkin' big chair~

Investigating ruins (very Indiana Jones-esque)-

I am wearing one of these two green shirts in 29 out of 45 pictures on my camera which included me. You can see some more examples in the previous blogs.
(Right now there is someone out there gasping - "Only 45 pictures after one month in Indonesia?!?" I have over 300 pictures, but only about 45 with me in them.)

Actually, if you could count previous pictures, the green t-shirt shows up in almost every excursion I have taken in the past 6 years or so.

So I decided to rectify the situation. By strategically wearing two shirts in the same day (one red, one blue) I was able to even out the distribution. Now I have 89 pictures of me with only 29 in a green shirt. The remainder are spread between blue, red, assorted stripes, and grey.





































I am rather proud of this feat.

Nevertheless, as the green shirts are my favorites, expect to see them in more pictures.

And, I just realized that my memory card can hold somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000 more pictures. I apparently over-bought for my picture-taking needs. I even brought an extra.

4 comments:

Bonny said...

jakey! whats with the monkey? I love the pic of you with the orangutan (sp?). Looks like you're having a blast in wherever you are.

Bonny said...

wait i wasn't finished...i wish i could have been there for your kareoke performace1

Haley said...

I sure miss you Jakey... I also would have paid a large sum of money to attend your karaoke performance.

Robin said...

Just wondering where in the world you are now...