After our run-in with the monkeys, we headed off to the old palace-turned-museum where the festival was being held.
Here is the walk-way entering the palace grounds. Booths selling fragrant foods and treats lined both sides of the path. I wish I had been more hungry. As it was, I just purchased a few things that I knew I would like... well, that an one or two adventurous things.
Part of the fun was trading in your modern Thai money for the money used during the time period.
20 baht got you a brown clay coin, 10 baht got you a shell.
These candies are called Fish Egg Candy. I don't know why. They aren't made out of fish eggs. Perhaps because they are slimy. I traded a brown clay coin for a plate.
So tasty in my mouth! They top it with sesame seeds and shaved coconut.
Here we are at King Narai's statue. Well, I was taking a picture in front of King Narai's statue. Nobody's in the picture. But you knew that already.
As I am interested in the politics of water, I had to take a picture of this. It is a model of a dam project nearby. The King figures prominently in water management here.
While my two friends were availing themselves of the services of a masseuse for an hour, I stumbled upon a group of children performers. I got to watch them for about an hour. Here are just some pictures.
Here is the walk-way entering the palace grounds. Booths selling fragrant foods and treats lined both sides of the path. I wish I had been more hungry. As it was, I just purchased a few things that I knew I would like... well, that an one or two adventurous things.
Part of the fun was trading in your modern Thai money for the money used during the time period.
20 baht got you a brown clay coin, 10 baht got you a shell.
These candies are called Fish Egg Candy. I don't know why. They aren't made out of fish eggs. Perhaps because they are slimy. I traded a brown clay coin for a plate.
So tasty in my mouth! They top it with sesame seeds and shaved coconut.
These are shaved ice with some funky syrup in it. We got a variety of flavors. I don't think the color actually corresponds with any flavors. I think they are mostly sugar and color. The best part is the condensed milk on top.
They cost a shell.
Here we are at King Narai's statue. Well, I was taking a picture in front of King Narai's statue. Nobody's in the picture. But you knew that already.
As I am interested in the politics of water, I had to take a picture of this. It is a model of a dam project nearby. The King figures prominently in water management here.
While my two friends were availing themselves of the services of a masseuse for an hour, I stumbled upon a group of children performers. I got to watch them for about an hour. Here are just some pictures.

No comments:
Post a Comment