Saturday, April 28, 2012

Another Chiang Mai Trip

As you might have noticed in the Songkran post, I went to Chiang Mai again. This time I was acting as tour guide, so we just hit the big tourist spots (along with Songkran).

Here they are in the order we saw them.
Doi Suthep temple during daylight hours. 

Couldn't stay away from the elephants. 

Elephant hugs!

Baby elephant gnawing on a fence. This one was about 3 weeks old. 
Me and my friend riding an elephant. She's 34 years old. 
Cobra at the snake show - I hate snakes. 

I hate snakes. This was was tightening around my neck as we took the picture. 

Monkey kisses :)
Cabaret "girls"
Tina Turner at the Cabaret
Not much to say really. Chiang Mai is a fun city. It has elephant hugs, snake hugs, monkey kisses, and Tina Turner-wannabes. Just about all you could want from a city.

1 comment:

lyns said...

I loved the elephant pictures! I would love to be that lose to an elephant! Jealous...that's what I am! I still have the elephant notebook you brought me from your mission to. So fitting!