My boxes came to Singapore! A little worse for wear, but still good.
I opened them and said, "My friends! My friends! Welcome!" Really. I did actually speak to my books and call them my friends. Sometimes I think I need help.
A few of my books were a little rumpled, as the FedEx man had not treated them with the respect and honor befitting my friends, but they all made it through in one piece. The glass in one of my picture frames did break, unfortunately. Otherwise everything arrived as packed.
Here they are all settled into their new home. Fortunately I have plenty of room for more books!
In other news, after many years of dedicated service, my wallet had to be retired.
I bought this wallet when I was a senior in High School. That was 14 years ago, for those of you who are counting. I chose it at Wal-mart as the picture of the Labrador Retrievers on the face reminded me of our dog.
My wallet traveled with me ever since. It has been my butt's bossom companion across Thailand, Indonesia, Laos, South Korea, airports unnumbered, and through countless USA road trips. The poor thing was in pretty rough shape, its edges were frayed, and it couldn't really handle Singapore money, which is wider than American currency.
I had to say goodbye. Oh, dear wallet, in the words of Gandalf, "I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil."
So I wandered into the Levi store at the mall and found a wallet on sale.
Wallets nowadays come in fancy boxes. And they are much more expensive than I remember.
There are even nice little bags inside the boxes to keep your wallet fresh. I don't understand why.
Welcome, Mr. Wallet. You've just become my new money holder sitting next to my money maker.
Hahaha! I'm pretty darn funny.






No comments:
Post a Comment