I'm not a huge beach fan. I've always found that it's a little boring and hot to sit there under the sun. On occasion it is okay, but most of the time I have better things to do.
That said, after living in Singapore for almost four months, it was time to visit the beach. So I was off to Sentosa, the small island to the south of Singapore.
Sentosa has been turned into a playground. It's got Universal Studios, a casino, and numerous other diversions for anyone looking to spend a little money. Most of them cost somewhere around $50+.
Since it is Singapore, it has a Merlion statue. This one's much larger than it's counterpart at Marina Bay. Apparently you can climb up and look out the eyes. I didn't try, though.
The beach is quite nice, as long as you like looking out at ships. The Straits of Malacca are not far, and approximately 1/4 of the world's trade travels past this point each year.
Despite all the boats, the water seemed quite clear. I would have swam had I thought to bring my swimsuit. Instead we just played volleyball. I did put my feet in the water, though. It was nice.
Also, you really shouldn't act cool. We don't put up with that nonsense in this country.
We really encourage other sorts of nonsense.





No comments:
Post a Comment