I am an Utah State Aggie fan, which means, sadly, I will rarely see an Aggie football game while I live away from Cache Valley, Utah. This is due to the unfortunate fact that the Aggies are terrible. Yet, I still cheer them on and obsessively check their score on the ESPN ticker while watching better teams.This year, with the possible exception of Kevin Robinson, the entire team has been a source of heartache. As of right now, the Aggies have yet to win this year going into Saturday's game, which, barring divine intervention, they are not going to win. That means 0 wins out of 9 games (right now it is 0-8, with about 14 straight losses if you include last season). As of October 23, the ESPN writer David Duff slated them as #2 in the bottom ten of college football teams. Oh Aggies...

I can't even take solace in my MA program school, Northern Illinois University. They are doing almost as badly (1-7). They are also ranked only four spots above the Aggies at number 6. Its OK, though, because I never became a big fan of NIU sports.
At least here at Emory, I can't be disappointed. As the saying goes, "our football team is undefeated." I guess it helps to not have a football team.We do have a great swimming team... I seem to remember a Saturday Night Live skit which made fun of cheerleaders at a swim meet.

My final hope was to turn to a larger school to cheer for. So I chose Notre Dame. Mostly because I have been to their campus for a game, and it was a blast. The Fighting Irish sure know how to celebrate a football game. But, alas, as the old guy in Indiana Jones says, "He chose... poorly." They are also in the bottom ten rankings done by ESPN with a record of 1-7. I think they are the #5 worst team.
Perhaps some day, my teams will be able to play each other. Then one of them would be forced to win against their best efforts to lose. Just to make it fun, the Emory swim team could suit up and play too. They might even win.
2 comments:
He chose... poorly. That's classic! You crack me up Jakey.
Yes, I share your sorrow about our Aggies... but baskeball season is soon, oh so very soon.
yeah...I'm all focused on basketball season!
go aggies! There is some big stuff happening. JC is about to pass the all time scoring record and we have a bunch of new guys that have some serious hops!
Post a Comment