Saturday, June 14, 2008

Thus it begins

Hi all - I am now settled into Indonesia. I know you don't want to read what I am writing, and I don't want to write it, so here are the pictures (you know what they say about the 1,000 words and such).

You all probably know that Indonesia is the most populous Muslim country in the world. Here is the national mosque in Jakarta. It is huge. I think it can hold about 175,000 praying.

Here is the beach about 20 km from the town I am in. Yeah, I am awesome. The beach is too.


Here I am being surprised by a wave that just kinda jumped up and bit me in the butt.

I didn't swim, as it is dangerous (rip tides and all), but it was nice to walk along the beach and so on. There were tiny little crabs in the sand. That was fun.

2 comments:

Chrissy Lucia said...

Hey Jake! You probably don't remember me, but then I would be offended if you don't since we did take the same History of China class and all . . . and I let you borrow Gigi that one time, but besides all of that . . . what are you doing in Indonesia?
Cool pictures by the way!

Robin said...

Wow Jake, that all sounds so awesome.

Hey Chrissy, how come you never comment on my blog? You are my cousin after all :)
And I can't even get to yours!