Saturday morning with nothing to do. Perfect opportunity to make a visit to the National Orchid Gardens.
The gardens are located in the Botanical Gardens. Admission is $5, which I think is worth it to see orchids named after the likes of Laura Bush, Margaret Thatcher, and Nelson Mandela.
The botanical gardens have run an orchid breeding program for years, and they have a number of hybrid varieties. It seems that every time a famous person visits the gardens, the organization names a hybrid after the celebrity.
Any who, I didn't write down the details, so here are just some pictures of the orchids. Enjoy!
I'd love to have an orchid at home, but I'm really not good at keeping plants alive. Currently I am trying my luck with a lime tree.
This was how it looked a few weeks ago when I brought it home. It's not in such great shape anymore. Poor thing. I'm hoping it pulls through. If not, I guess I can buy another plant to slowly kill.
Also, my blog just got its 10,000th view. Thanks for looking me up.

No comments:
Post a Comment