Friday, March 30, 2012

Chiang Mai IV

This is just for the random pictures that didn't fit elsewhere.
These are the gates of the old city. Chiang Mai has a moat and gates around it. The darn woman at the gate refused to move for my picture. 
One night I went and stayed at a resort high in the mountains. The weather was delightful. A little over-priced, though. 
 Here I am near the resort. 
Watched the sun set over the mountains.
 This little guy was playing near where we watched the sunset. He eventually got bored playing by himself and kicked the ball at me (I am extremely frustrated that my camera only focused on his foot).
 I obliged him for a few minutes.
Watch out! Elephants on the road.
And yes, they do wander onto the road sometimes. I bet they do more damage than a white tail deer if you by chance hit one.
One evening we sat near the river as some people lit floating lanterns. It was pretty. 
 Red ant eggs...
Not tasty. 

On that note, I will leave Chiang Mai behind... at least until next time I go there. In 2 weeks. 

1 comment:

Robin said...

Hi Jake! I like seeing your adventures.
Red ant eggs...that sounds pretty bad. Hope you're doing well :)